Hello. Just want to discuss some possible changes, or corrections, needed for the reimaging of Space 1999 into Space 2099. I will keep it as short as possible.
1. Breakaway. I like the idea for a space wrap triggered by the explosion. Correction: have moon pushed TOWARDS Earth, not away. Show footage of the effect on Earth, earthquakes, etc. Also, show the far side of the moon as the explosion begins, making it appear as a huge rocket booster. One question never answered was, how did the moon safely make it through the asteroid belt without being smashed to pieces. The answer now is, a space wrap.
2. The Alphans have to conserve resources. Have them shut down power to areas by having people bunk together. Maybe even lower power 25% to 50% at night.
3. As was done on STAR TREK VOYAGER, have them visit planets, where they can gather samples of food. Then turn one area into a farm, where they can grow their own food. To be honest, I've never seen anyone eating. Just drinking coffee.
4. Have the Alphans meet aliens who shared some of their technology, especially star charts, so they'll know what's ahead of them.
5. I watched the ten minute film on YouTube about the CGI created to reimage the series. I was quite impressed. Adding stars and planets so you won't see the same star formation in every scene is a good idea.
6. According to my count from Season One into Season Two, almost half the Alphans died. They may want to consider having children, who can be taught how to operate Alpha when they get older. Maybe SPACE 2099: THE NEXT GENERATION? Sorry, just joking. Maybe.
7. Please explain once and for all what happened to Victor, Paul and Kono. I hate when characters disappear without any explantation. No one ever explained why Yeoman Janice Rand disappeared half way through the first season of STAR TREK: TOS.
8. The changes from Season One to Season Two was too sudden. Maybe have episodes showing the Alphans constructing the new command center, for security and safety reasons. Just don't back the producer for Season Two.
9. When they redone THE BRINGERS OF WONDER episode, create an image of New York City as it might appear in the future.
10. Where the hell did Tony come from?
So, there you have it. I'll have more corrections and/or comments in the future.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
07-31-2012 03:31 PM
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
07-31-2012 06:08 PM
08-02-2012 02:14 AM
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
Hello Nick. Thanks for the reply. It makes total sense.